- Never try to use plastic food wrap after a bottle of Amarone. It ends with some swearing, a whole bunch of plastic wrap in a ball and food that will probably go stale by morning.
- Being a Sommelier does not mean that you're from an African country whose primary export is pirating oil tankers.
- The more Chianti I drink the more likely that I will do a Hannibal Lecter impersonation
- Decanting that fourth bottle of wine during a dinner party usually ends with a lot of spillage.
- Put a lock on your wine cellar door. Trust me on this one.
- After a few tastings of different Irish whiskeys, my voice begins to sound a lot like the Lucky Charms Leprechaun
- Gewurztraminer is German for "difficult to pronounce wine"
- Never lick the outside of a tasting glass even if it's really good wine.
- Getting your Sommelier certification does not mean that you passed the "drinking test"
2008 ValleAndino Syrah Reserva Especial - Colchagua Valley Chile
Price is under $14 (LCBO Vintages - 272682)
BBQ sausages would pair nicely with this wine
2012 d'Arenberg "The Hermit Crab" - McLaren Vale Australia
Price is under $20 (LCBO Vintages - 662775)