corks

corks

Monday, September 19, 2016

Tales from the Big Red Dirt - Part 2

 You can't go on vacation to Prince Edward Island and tentatively try the local seafood so I decided to jump into the feast that PEI offers with both feet. There were samples of raw oysters, quahogs (clams) with chorizo sausage, lobster rolls, haddock and scallops. It was a seafood smorgasbord with a generous sampling of local craft beers brewed on PEI and they were exceptional.


Beach Chair Lager became a familiar friend when I had seafood. A nice light lager with a refreshing crispness that didn't overpower the seafood. I had this lager with steamed quahog clams and raw oysters.

The beer is produced by the PEI Brewing Company in Charlottetown PEI. Visit their website at peibrewingcompany.com/our-beer-selection/









A dark reddish brown ale with good body, not too hoppy and dark flavours of caramel and some nuttiness at the end. Very drinkable while sitting on a deck watching the ocean waves roll onto the beach.

The beer is produced by Upstreet brewery in Charlottetown PEI. Visit their website at www.upstreetcraftbrewing.com/the-beer






Cheers !

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed Beach Chair on my trip to PEI this summer as well. I find it better with food that just straight up. I tried drinking it around a campfire and I couldn't even get one can down.

    ReplyDelete